Friday, August 12, 2011

I would like to know the steps onto becoming a CRNA ( nurse anesthetist )?

I understand that the first step onto achieving this would be to rec'vd a BS in Nursing, then work in ICU for a year (not sure) then attend a program for anesthesiology....Right??? HOw long is the program? And understanding its tough to get accpeted into the program for anesthesiology what should my GPA be around, and what should i do to stand out. And how would I get accepted into the program. Do i still need to take the MCAT? Thats only for med school right. I would love to be a MD but 10 years of school including residency is too much for me, but if becoming a CRNA takes 8 years then why not go for Med School. Also, I heard the CRNA does more then the Anesthesiologist. They sit back and watch until the CRNA ask them for help. How much do CRNAs make in S. CALIFORNIA? HOw dangerous is the job compared to other RN positions. You literally have someones lives in your hand. Please provide all your insight. oh and do you make your own hours? RN'S usually work only 3 days out of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment